When: Every Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
Cost: 30 for members, $40 for non-members.
Instructor: Bryan Corry.
Bryan teaches Intro to Pistol Shooting every Sunday from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. The purpose of this course is to help those who are new to handgun shooting get started with a solid foundation of Safety and Operating Fundamentals.
- SAFETY-In your home, on your person or at the range, the four basic SAFETY rules will help serve to prevent accidental mishaps or tragedy.
- Operation and Function-This section will give you the confidence to SAFELY handle a pistol and be comfortable knowing it is loaded. We ALWAYS treat guns as if they are loaded-Safety.
- Range Courtesy and Protocol-This section of the course will get you shooting. You will learn range commands and procedures for the staging area and the firing line. You learn what to do to SAFELY (have you noticed a theme?) handle a problem or a malfunction. Stance, grip and marksmanship are all part of this phase of training.
On completion of this course, you will be prepared for to enter any pistol 1 course where your gun handling skills and marksmanship can be developed more quickly and easily due to your experience with SAFETY, terminology and procedure.
You will need:
- The pistol you intend to shoot.
- Eye protection-your glasses or sunglasses are fine.
- Ear protection-ear plugs or muffs.
- Box of 50 rounds of ammunition.
- All these items are available in the USSA Pro Shop.
This 1 1/2 hour course class is offered to USSA members for $30.00 and non-USSA members for $40.00. With a SDA Concealed Carry class add this class for $30.00 for non USSA members.
Log in if you already have an account with us.